William Saliba : "Seize our chance"
The young Stéphanois central defender does not want to miss the opportunity to qualifier for the semi-final of the Coupe de France.
How can you well approach the quarterfinal of the Coupe de France against Épinal?
We will not take the victory for granted, we’re going to give it our all and tackle this match like we were facing a Ligue 1 team. A semi-final, that would be great to experience. Épinal is bound to be a good team for having reached the quarterfinals. The Stade de France? Yes, that makes you dream. I went there when I was 13 years old and, last season, I saw my teammates win the Gambardella there. I would now like to play there. But, before thinking of an enventual final, we must be serious Thursday evening.
In which sectors of the game must the team improve in order to obtain the best results?
We just had a difficult week. Like the coach said, we must speak to each other more. When things aren’t going well, you have to say so. We speak to each other a lot and we’re going to try to correct our errors. When you don’t play a beast on your opponent’s side of the field, you punish yourself. And, on your side of the field, you let in too many goals. Correcting all our errors will allow us to start again. Defensively, we were used to being airtight. We’re in a bad period. We have to review our matches and be more attentive. In this moment, we’re not at our best level defensively. This is one of the things to rectify tomorrow.
Would a qualification be the best way to launch a new dynamic?
A victory always gives you confidence. We have to seize our chance to experience a semi-final of the Coupe de France.
On a personal level, how are you handling this delicate period?
It remains formative for me as a young player. We must remain united and strong mentally in order to earn our fresh start. No one is depressed. Several players have already experienced these types of complicated moments. We’re only in February and the season is far from being finished.
- Saturday 14 Mar Official statement ASSE suspends its activities
- Sunday 08 Mar #ASSEFCGB Claude Puel : "We deserved much better"
- Saturday 07 Mar #ASSEFCGB Claude Puel : "In combat mode"
- Friday 06 Mar #ASSESRFC ASSE 2-1 Stade Rennais : the highlights
- Friday 06 Mar #ASSESRFC Claude Puel: "I congratulate them
- Wednesday 04 Mar #ASSESRFC Claude Puel : "Play at our best level"
- Wednesday 04 Mar #ASSESRFC Mahdi Camara : "A match unlike any other"
- Monday 02 Mar #Derby OL 2-0 ASSE : The highlights
- Sunday 01 Mar #Derby Claude Puel : "Move forward"
- Friday 28 Feb #DERBY Claude Puel : "Twice as much motivation"
- Friday 28 Feb #DERBY Yohan Cabaye : "Play with our head and our heart"
- Tuesday 25 Feb #ASSESDR Win a shirt signed by William Saliba
- Monday 24 Feb #ASSESDR Behind the scenes
- Sunday 23 Feb #ASSESDR Claude Puel : "Looking forward"
- Friday 21 Feb #ASSESDR Claude Puel : "React all together"
- Friday 21 Feb #ASSESDR Loïs Diony : "I am a warrior"
- Sunday 16 Feb #SB29ASSE Claude Puel : "Be aware of the situation"
- Saturday 15 Feb #SB29ASSE Claude Puel : "With the right mindset"
- Friday 14 Feb #SASASSE Claude Puel : "A true cup match"
- Wednesday 12 Feb #SASASSE William Saliba : "Seize our chance"
- Monday 10 Feb #MHSCASSE MHSC 1-0 ASSE : The highlights
- Sunday 09 Feb #MHSCASSE Claude Puel : "We need confidence"
- Friday 07 Feb #MHSCASSE Franck Honorat : "Quickly win again"
- Thursday 06 Feb #ASSEOM ASSE 0-2 OM : The highlights
- Wednesday 05 Feb #ASSEOM Claude Puel : "We gave it our all"
- Tuesday 04 Feb #ASSEOM Claude Puel : "We have to work our butts off"
- Tuesday 04 Feb #ASSEOM Loïc Perrin : "Show that we're not where we should be"
- Sunday 02 Feb #FCMASSE Claude Puel : "A lesson of efficiency"
- Wednesday 29 Jan #ASMASSE AS Monaco 0-1 ASSE : The highlights
- Wednesday 29 Jan #ASMASSE Claude Puel : "The victory of a team"
- Monday 27 Jan #ASMASSE Claude Puel : "We want to continue the adventure in the cup"
- Monday 27 Jan #ASMASSE Denis Bouanga : "We want to qualify"
- Monday 27 Jan #ASSENO ASSE 2-1 Nîmes : The highlights
- Saturday 25 Jan #ASSENO Claude Puel : "We had to fight"
- Thursday 23 Jan #ASSENO Claude Puel : "We'll have to fight"
- Thursday 23 Jan #ASSENO Wahbi Khazri : "Capable of doing great things"
- Sunday 19 Jan #PFCASSE Paris FC 2-3 ASSE : The highlights
- Saturday 18 Jan #PFCASSE Claude Puel : "We're building ourselves up in a difficult period"
- Friday 17 Jan #PFCASSE Claude Puel : "Desire to react"
- Friday 17 Jan #PFCASSE Yohan Cabaye : "Confidence is super important"