Loïs Diony : "I am a warrior"
Striker against Brest last weekend, the Stéphanois striker feels confident and hopes to continue against Reims this Sunday (3 pm). For him, ASSE is not where it should be in the second half of the rankings.
How are you experiencing AS Saint-Étienne’s current situation?
It’s a difficult period but everything can go very quickly. When the coach arrived, we had succeeded in completing a great streak. Unfortunately, we then went through a very delicate period. We’re letting in goals due to the first opportunities of our opponents to score and we find it hard to recover. We are close to the bottom of the table but we cannot say to ourselves that we’re playing to stay in Ligue 1. We’re AS Saint-Étienne, we must bounc back and we still have several matches to do it. If we win on Sundday, we can already climb in the rankings.
You were voted Star Player online on the official website. Is it scoring that makes you feel confident?
That goal did me some good (he smiles). In the game, I feel better and better, I’m growing in power. Even if I scored too little, I’m still the same. I’m a warrior. I like to fight, run, score and assist. I groan sometimes because I don’t have as many opportunities to score as my teammates but that’s part of the game and part of Football. I try to contribute my all to the team every time that I have game time. Whatever the criticisms are, I give it my all.
How did you overcome the criticisms?
It was not always easy, but there’s much worse in life. I always try to keep a smile on my face. For an emotional player like me, certain moments were not easy to experience but today I feel well. That shows that I haven’t given up. I know that the fans expect more form me, that’s normal. However, I’ve never cheated.
What type of match are you expecting against Reims?
Reims is a tough team that is very strong defensively but we need the three points whatever the cost. We’re hoping to earn a good result in order to recover the love of our fans because we need our fans and a great ambiance in order to win our matches. To say today that we want to play to qualify for the European Cup would be pretentious but we must aim for the first half of the rankings, earn a good outcome in the Derby and lead our fans to the Stade de France.
- Saturday 14 Mar Official statement ASSE suspends its activities
- Sunday 08 Mar #ASSEFCGB Claude Puel : "We deserved much better"
- Saturday 07 Mar #ASSEFCGB Claude Puel : "In combat mode"
- Friday 06 Mar #ASSESRFC ASSE 2-1 Stade Rennais : the highlights
- Friday 06 Mar #ASSESRFC Claude Puel: "I congratulate them
- Wednesday 04 Mar #ASSESRFC Claude Puel : "Play at our best level"
- Wednesday 04 Mar #ASSESRFC Mahdi Camara : "A match unlike any other"
- Monday 02 Mar #Derby OL 2-0 ASSE : The highlights
- Sunday 01 Mar #Derby Claude Puel : "Move forward"
- Friday 28 Feb #DERBY Claude Puel : "Twice as much motivation"
- Friday 28 Feb #DERBY Yohan Cabaye : "Play with our head and our heart"
- Tuesday 25 Feb #ASSESDR Win a shirt signed by William Saliba
- Monday 24 Feb #ASSESDR Behind the scenes
- Sunday 23 Feb #ASSESDR Claude Puel : "Looking forward"
- Friday 21 Feb #ASSESDR Claude Puel : "React all together"
- Friday 21 Feb #ASSESDR Loïs Diony : "I am a warrior"
- Sunday 16 Feb #SB29ASSE Claude Puel : "Be aware of the situation"
- Saturday 15 Feb #SB29ASSE Claude Puel : "With the right mindset"
- Friday 14 Feb #SASASSE Claude Puel : "A true cup match"
- Wednesday 12 Feb #SASASSE William Saliba : "Seize our chance"
- Monday 10 Feb #MHSCASSE MHSC 1-0 ASSE : The highlights
- Sunday 09 Feb #MHSCASSE Claude Puel : "We need confidence"
- Friday 07 Feb #MHSCASSE Franck Honorat : "Quickly win again"
- Thursday 06 Feb #ASSEOM ASSE 0-2 OM : The highlights
- Wednesday 05 Feb #ASSEOM Claude Puel : "We gave it our all"
- Tuesday 04 Feb #ASSEOM Claude Puel : "We have to work our butts off"
- Tuesday 04 Feb #ASSEOM Loïc Perrin : "Show that we're not where we should be"
- Sunday 02 Feb #FCMASSE Claude Puel : "A lesson of efficiency"
- Wednesday 29 Jan #ASMASSE AS Monaco 0-1 ASSE : The highlights
- Wednesday 29 Jan #ASMASSE Claude Puel : "The victory of a team"
- Monday 27 Jan #ASMASSE Claude Puel : "We want to continue the adventure in the cup"
- Monday 27 Jan #ASMASSE Denis Bouanga : "We want to qualify"
- Monday 27 Jan #ASSENO ASSE 2-1 Nîmes : The highlights
- Saturday 25 Jan #ASSENO Claude Puel : "We had to fight"
- Thursday 23 Jan #ASSENO Claude Puel : "We'll have to fight"
- Thursday 23 Jan #ASSENO Wahbi Khazri : "Capable of doing great things"
- Sunday 19 Jan #PFCASSE Paris FC 2-3 ASSE : The highlights
- Saturday 18 Jan #PFCASSE Claude Puel : "We're building ourselves up in a difficult period"
- Friday 17 Jan #PFCASSE Claude Puel : "Desire to react"
- Friday 17 Jan #PFCASSE Yohan Cabaye : "Confidence is super important"
Claude Puel : "We deserved much better"Sun 08 Mar à 18h08
Claude Puel : "In combat mode"Sat 07 Mar à 15h53
ASSE 2-1 Stade Rennais : the highlightsFri 06 Mar à 01h20
Claude Puel: "I congratulate themFri 06 Mar à 00h19
Claude Puel : "Play at our best level"Wed 04 Mar à 16h17
Mahdi Camara : "A match unlike any other"Wed 04 Mar à 16h01
OL 2-0 ASSE : The highlightsMon 02 Mar à 02h53
Claude Puel : "Move forward"Sun 01 Mar à 23h56
Claude Puel : "Twice as much motivation"Fri 28 Feb à 17h05
Yohan Cabaye : "Play with our head and our heart"Fri 28 Feb à 16h31
France de Ligue 1
de la Ligue
France de Ligue 2