Ghislain Printant : "I expect more from my team"
After the tie game against Middlesbrough, ASSE’s coach wishes to see his team become stronger.
What is your analysis of the performance delivered against Middlesbrough this Sunday?
The first half is maybe the worst period that we’ve played since the beginning of our preparation, but I wanted to try a three-man defense. It was important for our youths to know the requirements and strengths of this system. In the second half, we switched to a more classic strategy, which allowed us to touch the ball more and to create openings to score.
What have you learned from your change from to this defensive system?
Today, we conceded many situations but Stéphane Ruffier did what was necessary in the net. I knew that the youths would have a few problems in this system, but they had to discover it. That’s what friendly matches are for. We still have one week to continuing preparing ourselves, to have this defensive base and be a real team. That will come through hard work and that will strengthen this team which needs to be strengthened.
Why are you satisfied?
I asked my players to be present in terms of intensity and on that point, we showed we know how to resist and to respond to our adversary. Of course, I expect more of my team but, right now, it’s encouraging. I am satisfied with their mindset. No one is giving up and the youths, who are discovering the game’s demands, also have this mentality. That’s important. We still have much work to do and some reinforcements to put in place to expand our team. My objective is to be ready on the first day of the championship.
What did you think of Ryad Boudebouz’s first match?
He must still make his mark in the offensive sector but that’s normal. He traveled for two days and was not able to train. But even if he does not yet have the points of reference or isn’t fit already to show his abilities, it was still important for me that he test the water with the team and play for an hour. The objective was the most important thing. I expect much more of him like the rest of the team.
How did you experience the relocations of players this week?
We did not intend to lose Rémy Cabella but we have to adapt. It’s up to me and the staff to act in order to give the team another identity. Concerning Rémy’s departure, I think that we were reactive since Ryad Boudebouz arrived. That’s positive. If we want to perform well this season, we have to maintain our balance. For the moment, the absences of Loïc Perrin, Gabriel Silva, Kevin Monnet-Paquet and William Saliba (injured), this balance is not yet there but such a situation allows the youths to enter the game and to see them show what they’re made of.
- Saturday 14 Mar Official statement ASSE suspends its activities
- Sunday 08 Mar #ASSEFCGB Claude Puel : "We deserved much better"
- Saturday 07 Mar #ASSEFCGB Claude Puel : "In combat mode"
- Friday 06 Mar #ASSESRFC ASSE 2-1 Stade Rennais : the highlights
- Friday 06 Mar #ASSESRFC Claude Puel: "I congratulate them
- Wednesday 04 Mar #ASSESRFC Claude Puel : "Play at our best level"
- Wednesday 04 Mar #ASSESRFC Mahdi Camara : "A match unlike any other"
- Monday 02 Mar #Derby OL 2-0 ASSE : The highlights
- Sunday 01 Mar #Derby Claude Puel : "Move forward"
- Friday 28 Feb #DERBY Claude Puel : "Twice as much motivation"
- Friday 28 Feb #DERBY Yohan Cabaye : "Play with our head and our heart"
- Tuesday 25 Feb #ASSESDR Win a shirt signed by William Saliba
- Monday 24 Feb #ASSESDR Behind the scenes
- Sunday 23 Feb #ASSESDR Claude Puel : "Looking forward"
- Friday 21 Feb #ASSESDR Claude Puel : "React all together"
- Friday 21 Feb #ASSESDR Loïs Diony : "I am a warrior"
- Sunday 16 Feb #SB29ASSE Claude Puel : "Be aware of the situation"
- Saturday 15 Feb #SB29ASSE Claude Puel : "With the right mindset"
- Friday 14 Feb #SASASSE Claude Puel : "A true cup match"
- Wednesday 12 Feb #SASASSE William Saliba : "Seize our chance"
- Monday 10 Feb #MHSCASSE MHSC 1-0 ASSE : The highlights
- Sunday 09 Feb #MHSCASSE Claude Puel : "We need confidence"
- Friday 07 Feb #MHSCASSE Franck Honorat : "Quickly win again"
- Thursday 06 Feb #ASSEOM ASSE 0-2 OM : The highlights
- Wednesday 05 Feb #ASSEOM Claude Puel : "We gave it our all"
- Tuesday 04 Feb #ASSEOM Claude Puel : "We have to work our butts off"
- Tuesday 04 Feb #ASSEOM Loïc Perrin : "Show that we're not where we should be"
- Sunday 02 Feb #FCMASSE Claude Puel : "A lesson of efficiency"
- Wednesday 29 Jan #ASMASSE AS Monaco 0-1 ASSE : The highlights
- Wednesday 29 Jan #ASMASSE Claude Puel : "The victory of a team"
- Monday 27 Jan #ASMASSE Claude Puel : "We want to continue the adventure in the cup"
- Monday 27 Jan #ASMASSE Denis Bouanga : "We want to qualify"
- Monday 27 Jan #ASSENO ASSE 2-1 Nîmes : The highlights
- Saturday 25 Jan #ASSENO Claude Puel : "We had to fight"
- Thursday 23 Jan #ASSENO Claude Puel : "We'll have to fight"
- Thursday 23 Jan #ASSENO Wahbi Khazri : "Capable of doing great things"
- Sunday 19 Jan #PFCASSE Paris FC 2-3 ASSE : The highlights
- Saturday 18 Jan #PFCASSE Claude Puel : "We're building ourselves up in a difficult period"
- Friday 17 Jan #PFCASSE Claude Puel : "Desire to react"
- Friday 17 Jan #PFCASSE Yohan Cabaye : "Confidence is super important"
Claude Puel : "We deserved much better"Sun 08 Mar à 18h08
Claude Puel : "In combat mode"Sat 07 Mar à 15h53
ASSE 2-1 Stade Rennais : the highlightsFri 06 Mar à 01h20
Claude Puel: "I congratulate themFri 06 Mar à 00h19
Claude Puel : "Play at our best level"Wed 04 Mar à 16h17
Mahdi Camara : "A match unlike any other"Wed 04 Mar à 16h01
OL 2-0 ASSE : The highlightsMon 02 Mar à 02h53
Claude Puel : "Move forward"Sun 01 Mar à 23h56
Claude Puel : "Twice as much motivation"Fri 28 Feb à 17h05
Yohan Cabaye : "Play with our head and our heart"Fri 28 Feb à 16h31
France de Ligue 1
de la Ligue
France de Ligue 2