Claude Puel : "We had to fight"
The General Manager of ASSE is delighted that his team has come out victorious in a particular match during which the referee, after having consulted the VAR, denied a goal to each team in the last five minutes of regulation time.
What was your experience of the match like?
It was a special match. We had a good start during which we dominated, made some good passes and scored two goals. So we should have killed this match. But at 2-0, we maybe thought that the match was over and we relaxed. With this goal scored just before half-time, we put Nîmes back in the match. From there, I knew that the second period would be complicated because we don’t yet have the confidence in order to manage these setbacks well. Finally, the situation still turned in our favour even if we were much less relaxed and didn’t play our game as well. We had to fight and be solid mentally with a goal denied to each team in the last few minutes.
What did you learn from this precious victory?
It was an arduous victory but we’re not going to be choosy because we’re still recovering. Luckily, everyone is fighting with much solidarity, the starting players like the substitutes. I like the state of mind of my players right now. I wanted to emphasize it against Paris FC and I wanted to underline it this evening. We will be capable of doing great things when we have confidence.
Several main players stayed on the bench. Have you preserved them in preparation of your round of 16 match in the Coupe de France against Monaco, next Tuesday?
We’ll see who will be available. Denis (Bouanga) is fresh, he’s champing at the bit, but you have to pay attention. In any case, I am happy to see several elements return to the group.
How did you find Wahbi Khazri, who scored his 20th goal for ASSE?
Since recovering from his fractured hand, Wahbi proves he has a super state of mind. He wasn’t rewarded for his entire effort against Nantes, so it’s great that he’s a striker this evening. Through his approach, he’s a leader for the team.
- Saturday 14 Mar Official statement ASSE suspends its activities
- Sunday 08 Mar #ASSEFCGB Claude Puel : "We deserved much better"
- Saturday 07 Mar #ASSEFCGB Claude Puel : "In combat mode"
- Friday 06 Mar #ASSESRFC ASSE 2-1 Stade Rennais : the highlights
- Friday 06 Mar #ASSESRFC Claude Puel: "I congratulate them
- Wednesday 04 Mar #ASSESRFC Claude Puel : "Play at our best level"
- Wednesday 04 Mar #ASSESRFC Mahdi Camara : "A match unlike any other"
- Monday 02 Mar #Derby OL 2-0 ASSE : The highlights
- Sunday 01 Mar #Derby Claude Puel : "Move forward"
- Friday 28 Feb #DERBY Claude Puel : "Twice as much motivation"
- Friday 28 Feb #DERBY Yohan Cabaye : "Play with our head and our heart"
- Tuesday 25 Feb #ASSESDR Win a shirt signed by William Saliba
- Monday 24 Feb #ASSESDR Behind the scenes
- Sunday 23 Feb #ASSESDR Claude Puel : "Looking forward"
- Friday 21 Feb #ASSESDR Claude Puel : "React all together"
- Friday 21 Feb #ASSESDR Loïs Diony : "I am a warrior"
- Sunday 16 Feb #SB29ASSE Claude Puel : "Be aware of the situation"
- Saturday 15 Feb #SB29ASSE Claude Puel : "With the right mindset"
- Friday 14 Feb #SASASSE Claude Puel : "A true cup match"
- Wednesday 12 Feb #SASASSE William Saliba : "Seize our chance"
- Monday 10 Feb #MHSCASSE MHSC 1-0 ASSE : The highlights
- Sunday 09 Feb #MHSCASSE Claude Puel : "We need confidence"
- Friday 07 Feb #MHSCASSE Franck Honorat : "Quickly win again"
- Thursday 06 Feb #ASSEOM ASSE 0-2 OM : The highlights
- Wednesday 05 Feb #ASSEOM Claude Puel : "We gave it our all"
- Tuesday 04 Feb #ASSEOM Claude Puel : "We have to work our butts off"
- Tuesday 04 Feb #ASSEOM Loïc Perrin : "Show that we're not where we should be"
- Sunday 02 Feb #FCMASSE Claude Puel : "A lesson of efficiency"
- Wednesday 29 Jan #ASMASSE AS Monaco 0-1 ASSE : The highlights
- Wednesday 29 Jan #ASMASSE Claude Puel : "The victory of a team"
- Monday 27 Jan #ASMASSE Claude Puel : "We want to continue the adventure in the cup"
- Monday 27 Jan #ASMASSE Denis Bouanga : "We want to qualify"
- Monday 27 Jan #ASSENO ASSE 2-1 Nîmes : The highlights
- Saturday 25 Jan #ASSENO Claude Puel : "We had to fight"
- Thursday 23 Jan #ASSENO Claude Puel : "We'll have to fight"
- Thursday 23 Jan #ASSENO Wahbi Khazri : "Capable of doing great things"
- Sunday 19 Jan #PFCASSE Paris FC 2-3 ASSE : The highlights
- Saturday 18 Jan #PFCASSE Claude Puel : "We're building ourselves up in a difficult period"
- Friday 17 Jan #PFCASSE Claude Puel : "Desire to react"
- Friday 17 Jan #PFCASSE Yohan Cabaye : "Confidence is super important"
Claude Puel : "We deserved much better"Sun 08 Mar à 18h08
Claude Puel : "In combat mode"Sat 07 Mar à 15h53
ASSE 2-1 Stade Rennais : the highlightsFri 06 Mar à 01h20
Claude Puel: "I congratulate themFri 06 Mar à 00h19
Claude Puel : "Play at our best level"Wed 04 Mar à 16h17
Mahdi Camara : "A match unlike any other"Wed 04 Mar à 16h01
OL 2-0 ASSE : The highlightsMon 02 Mar à 02h53
Claude Puel : "Move forward"Sun 01 Mar à 23h56
Claude Puel : "Twice as much motivation"Fri 28 Feb à 17h05
Yohan Cabaye : "Play with our head and our heart"Fri 28 Feb à 16h31
France de Ligue 1
de la Ligue
France de Ligue 2